Dondi Ingegneria, a piece of History, an authentic Passion and a Family Tradition.
Dondi Ingegneria of Milan is an applied engineering company and was founded in 1958 by Alessandro Dondi sr, and continues to operate with success in the sector regarding planning and industrial design.
Enthusiasm, precision, sense of sacrifice, as well as professional experience, competency, specialisation, comparison and interdisciplinary analysis of every commitment form the fundamental basis of our Organisation.
20136 Milano – Via Zamenhof, 7
Results in every service, Efficiency and precision, Competitive edge
First Moto Parilla, then Moto Garelli
Alessandro Dondi, is contacted by the OM of Milan
It was 1958 when Alessandro Dondi, was contacted by OM of Milan to open and manage an external technical office. Thus STUDIO DONDI became one of the first technical offices, not only in Milan, but in Italy, product of the economic boom created after the war following the indication of the leading manufacturing companies.
STUDIO DONDI, in those years, developed design activities in the lift trucks sector , in railroad equipment and earth-moving vehicles. The first historical offices were opened in V.le Toscana, one of the main arterial roads of Milan, due to the continual expansion of projects and staff the STUDIO transferred to more suitable premises in via Balbo, still in Milan.
A generation of engineers
The electronic incentive
The design market underwent an uprising moment of strong effervescence and innovation. Also the tools of the designers working in the STUDIO became incentivised by electronics. These were the first years of the ‘eighties when drafting machines, pencils and Indian ink became substituted by the new C.A.D systems . (Computer-Aided Design).
STUDIO DONDI was among the first external offices to procure a C.A.D.station with a workstation 286, monitor 15″ to which a modern A0 needle plotter was attached. The precision and reliability, inherent in the DNA of STUDIO DONDI, become integrated with a productivity in step with modern times.
Succession and transfer
New projects and transfer to the present offices
The family tradition continues is with the grandson, Alessandro Dondi, who took his degree in Electronic Engineering in Pavia, adding new knowledge and skills to the company activities, not only with the engineering opportunities offered to their customers , but also regarding all the internal organisation and systematic aspects, such as equipping with the first ISDN internet lines, and e-mail; in this way widening the possibility of major contact with the customers. Over these years the STUDIO has developed many projects regarding transport on rails, horizonal flow-pack machines for foodstuffs, steel and aluminium rolling machines, RSU automatic appointment systems, plastic moulding and blowing machines, gearbox development for TRENT 900 Rolls Royce reactor and dummy blade Mangusta helicopter.
In 2001 with the expansion of activities and staff. the STUDIO transferred from the current offices to via Zamenhof in Milan.
spec. Metalworking. He continued his studies by graduating in 1967 at the Superior Institute of Technology (Milan Polytechnic). The passion for technology-mechanics and design they brought him to join as a partner in the Studio Dondi in 1969. Here he joined his father Alessandro sr.
In 1997 he began working alongside his father Giordano. Here he deals with the management of orders and operations of the Studio’s collaborators. In 1998 he graduated assuming more and more responsibility to lead the Studio. Following in the footsteps of his father, Giordano becomes full-fledged in 2012.